- OUR VIEW: Opening doors for women Four decades after Title IX became the law of the land, various interests still are arguing over its implications. Some claim the law, which turns 41 years old on Sunday, has actually led to fewer opportunities for male athletes. They note that unive
- OUR VIEW: Help teens drive safely It's summer vacation for our high school and college students. Many are driving to work, running errands for the family or just out visiting friends. It's a good time to talk to your teen about driving safely. According to statistics from State Farm
- THEIR VIEW: Don't punish those in need Waste and fraud in government programs should be rooted out vigilantly. Legislation should fix a problem with a fitting solution, not punish the needy. Those two objectives must guide an Indiana General Assembly committee studying a proposal to requi
OUR VIEW: Providing a safer way to school
Nearly two-and-a-half years after a $220,000 Safe Routes to School grant was awarded, work still hasn’t begun on new sidewalks along two streets leading to Galveston Elementary School.
THORNS & ROSES: Week of June 7
The best and worst of the week.
- THEIR VIEW: Happy trails for Hoosiers Indiana has an abundance of natural treasures that should never be considered hidden treasures. They are here, well within reach, and the Department of Natural Resources would like nothing more than for more people to use and enjoy them. They are Ind
THEIR VIEW: Learn right lessons from scandal
Predictably, just days after U.S. Attorney Joe Hogsett’s May 21 announcement that five people had been indicted in an alleged kickback scheme involving Indy Land Bank, the General Assembly announced it would make land-bank regulation the topic of a summer study committee.
OUR VIEW: Time to apply for scholars program
Indiana’s Twenty-first Century Scholars program makes a simple promise: If you avoid drugs, stay out of trouble with the law and graduate high school with at least a 2.5 grade point average, the state will pay your college tuition.
OUR VIEW: Hey grad, here’s some free advice
For the area high school seniors graduating today, life is about to change — drastically.
OUR VIEW: Watch out for children this summer
With schools out around the area, motorists should keep their eyes open for an increased number of children playing outside.
- More Editorials Headlines