LOGANSPORT — Huston Park first phase of construction should be completed by the end of the month with weather permitting, owner of Myers Construction Management, Inc., Don Myers, said.
“We’re working frantically now if we could just get the rain to stop,” Myers said. “We begged all summer for it to rain and now we’re spending fall hoping it will stop.”
Myers said that some things still needed to be completed include landscaping and finished plumbing and electrical fixtures.
Fishers-based Myers Construction Management, Inc was awarded the project when they bid $1,023,075, the lowest of five companies offering a price for the first phase of the project. This phase includes the playground, 1 1/2 miles of walking trails, restrooms, a parking lot and the Mike Anderson Community Complex.
Huston Park, in the 1700 block of Smith Street, will also include a multi-purpose meadow that will provide space for football and soccer teams to practice, in addition to festivals and casual recreation.
Park administrator Jan Fawley said that phase one is supposed to be completed by October 29. She said that 80 percent of the park is done and she is hoping that the other 20 percent gets completed.
The park still needs seed planted in the open field and the common area and asphalt on trails needs to be completed, Fawley said.
“It’s the contractor’s responsibility to get that done. It’s a tough time trying to get it all in by October 29,” Fawley said. “I hope we’re there.”